How to make the Easiest Hairbow Holder


My 2 1/2 year old daughter is finally getting some hair on top of her cute head and after all this time I'm having so much fun doing her hair each day and putting cute little bows on her.  However my former place for all her bows was jumbled up inside an empty Tupperware container.  This wasn't working.

I know there are tons of ideas for cute hair bow holders (I've seen everything from picture frames, to chicken wire, to lamps, and ballerina skirts), but I wanted to devote five minutes to this activity, spend no money, while still making it still cute and functional.

Mission Accomplished.

So, last Saturday while I had time set aside for cleaning the toilets...I quickly distracted myself with this fun, quick solution to my hair bow problems.

MATERIALS:
1. Hanger
2. Ribbon or Bling on a Roll
3. Hot Glue
4. Bows

STEP ONE: Grab a hanger with a straight bottom part.  
This was a hanger I got when my daughter was first born.  It held a cute snugly blankey on it and I'd been using it for dresses, it awkwardly did the job.

STEP TWO: About a month ago I was given lots of Bling on a Roll, which works perfect for this project because it's sturdy, cute, and shiny  But a sturdy ribbon would work, too.  Cut your ribbon to desired length. Cut three or four strips as needed.
See my other Bling on a Roll project Here.


STEP THREE:  Heat up hot glue gun and prepare your work space.  Place ribbon under the hanger.
I choose to work in the bathroom because I was trying to be speedy.  I placed a paper towel under everything.

STEP FOUR:   Place hot glue on underside of ribbon.

STEP FIVE:  Quickly press the top of ribbon down and allow to cool.  Repeat for other ribbons.

Done.  Start to finish 2 minutes flat (even less time than I had set aside).


Last thing you need to do is add your bows and elastics.



Ahhh, now I know just what bow to grab so I can color coordinate. 
 Simple, functional things make me happy.

Comments

Definitely need this around my home...thanks for sharing! This would be perfect to link-up to my new series - "Create It Thursday." It's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/05/create-it-thursday-1.html

Popular Posts