Handmade Gifts: Freezer Paper Tie Onsie

I love a handmade gift.  I think it just shows that much more care into gifting.

A while ago I made some cute onesies for my two nephews (one on each side) that were born right around the same time.  This is a perfect little comfy outfit for church and I think would look awfully Snazzy for this Christmas Season.

So I give you: How to Make your Own Freezer Paper Tie Onesie.

Viola!


And I'll admit, some of my projects can be a little complicated or time consuming.  
This was neither.  
Super easy, super fun, super fast.

Here's how to make your own.

MATERIALS NEEDED:
1. Onesie
2. Printed off 'Freezer Paper Cut Out' page.
3. Freezer Paper
4. Exact-o knife
5. Red Fabric Paint (tulip brand)
6. Sponge Brush
7. Iron

STEP ONE: Print out this page.

Click HERE for the free Pdf.


STEP TWO: Place the printed off paper under your Freezer paper and trace on top with a pencil.
On the freezer paper you'll need to distinguish which lines you'll be cutting out.
I drew on all the while lines-- numbers, so I knew not to cut those out.

STEP THREE: Cut out the parts you're going to paint with an Exact-o Knife.

STEP FOUR: Line up your tie on the onesie and iron in place.


STEP FIVE: Paint over your stencil and let dry.
I did four different layers of paint, waiting about 1 1/2 hours or more between each layer.


STEP SIX: After being completely dried (I left mine over night), peel off your Tie Stencil.
Place a towel over your project and iron for 30 seconds to seal everything together.


All done!


I did two of these, for both baby boys...
picked out some cozy pants...


wrapped 'em up and off they went. 


And Oh-- My, what a handsome boy he is rocking his Comfy, Cozy, Big boy Tie.


His Mama tells me he gets lot of compliments each Sunday.


Comments

Scoresbys said…
This is so cute, I might actually get brave and try it!
Lemonpeel said…
you are so awesome.
Mariel said…
I love this and will be pinning it! I'd love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday - Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

Popular Posts